Last night was one of the scarriest moments I've ever had.
I have a gum infection and the dentist had prescribed an antibiotic pill and oral wash. I'd taken my first tablet last night and about twenty minutes later I brushed my teeth and swished the oral wash.
Within 2 minutes I had hives on my back and itching in a few other places, kinda ignored as my skin is so sensitive that when it gets cold I tend to itch and get hives. However, my ears then felt like they were going to blow right off my head. I asked Jordan, my 4.5 year old son if my face was red. He said "oh mama, it's very red." So I looked in mirror and the peptobismal color shirt that I was wearing was a pale white compared to the deep red of my face and ears. I woke up my mom and showed her, she said I needed to call pharmasist that I was having an allergic reaction to some medicine. He told me to take 2 tsp of the children's Benedryl I had in house.
With in 30 minutes I was being rushed to the emergency room. My balloons, I mean feet were rock hard nails had turned purple-black, my heartbeat was 100 and increasing, I was hyperventalating because I couldn't catch my breath and I had blisters covering my body. I basically looked like the inside of an overripe watermelon.
In the middle of all of this Jordan told my mom to watch over me and went in the hallway and started praying. He came in after a moment, and said "mama this is the plan, you need to call all the women @ First Choice Pregnancy Center (work, and he never shortens the name) and tell them to pray for you; you'd better call Miss Barbara first because she's a nurse she'll take care of you.
Jordan was quite my man last night. He was so worried when Daddy wouldn't let him come to hospital with us. I thought the world was going to end today when he heard I was going to work alone today. He needed to do his job and watch over me. I choke up thinking about how compassionate this boy that can really drive me crazy is.
The emergency room experience was incredible, our normal waiting time is 2-3 hours, I was w/ a physician in 10 minutes. He gave me steroids and the Benedryl was kicking in so he observed for an hour and I was able to go home and sleep.
Thank heaven for my little boy who could be so calm!
Verse for today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment