I came across Ps 3 and I called my husband to verify that I'd not be taking this chapter out of context to consider “enemies” pressing in against David as “emotions” instead of people. So this is my prayer to God thinking of the emotional battle I’m in right now.
Please first read Psalms 3 from the King James version then read my prayer, you are welcome and encouraged to share my prayer with others you may feel may benefit from it please include the title "Karen's prayer and above paragraph and prayer in entirety" when doing so!
1. Lord, how great and loud are these voices of fear and lies that torment my mind and trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me!
2. Many there be which say of my soul, there is no help for him (her) in God, give up!
3. But You Oh Lord, are a shield for me! You are my glory! And the lifter of my head I have to feel no shame!
4. I have cried unto God with a loud voice, He heard me and ministers to me!
5. I can lie down to sleep and know that God will sustain me.
6. I will no longer face alone the tens of thousands of fears and doubts that set themselves against me all around me.
7. Arise Oh Lord; Save me! Oh my God! For you have smitten all mine enemies upon the cheekbone; you have broken the teeth of my tormentors.
8. Salvation belongs unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people.