I'm sitting in my office, amazed that I only had about two hours worth of important work and before heading out decided to blog. So, then I start starring at this empty page thinking what on earth do I have to say?
In the men's ministry that Brent has been with for over 12 years now, one guy faithfully testified, "I thank God for the weather - it's a happy day". We used to tease Tony, is that the only testimony you have? But there is so much to be said for such a testimony!
I do praise God for the weather. It may be 107 degrees outside with a wind of about 15 miles an hour to make sure you feel every heat wave, but I'm not in 100% humidity in Iowa or any other state that is flooded out right now. Or in another country cleaning up after a hurricane. Yes, it was easy to long after the rain showers they were expecting up north today, but me....I'm happy.
Thank you Lord for all different weather variations. If nothing else tests our contentment and ability to praise Him in all things the weather is sure too!
I heard this joke today, a couple are getting ready to celebrate their anniversary. The husband is planning and says, "we need to dress up and go all out....expensive, money no object tonight baby!" So they get all dressed up, get in the car and drive to the nearest gas station and fill the gas tank! $4.23 a gallon for regular gasoline in Pahrump, Nevada today, it's a bargain compared to $4.69 a gallon in areas of Las Vegas!
Verse for today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment