This morning in my devotional, “How to Age with Style” from Jennifer Rothschild’s Fresh Grounded Faith I was deeply touched by two quotes, “Life goes on” and “Then maybe someday, someone will look at our lives and say, ‘She was my rock star, and I was her groupie’.”
The first quote really touched me as many of you have asked how I’m doing and this would be my response: I am doing well on some days and others not so good but life goes on. I am so grateful that I have Jesus living in me to work through me in this. My daily cry is still to God be the glory! I’m so blessed to have such a great support team I feel that I can never thank you enough.
The next quote for me blended in a way with the first. It brought back a memory from right before I quit directing the center; I was extremely emotional and attempting to explain the array of emotions to my mom and one of the things that came out was that I felt she did not care about what I’d just poured my heart into for the last 2 years. She began to weep and expressed how proud she was of me and that she looked up to me in some areas. She reminded me of the time she spent earlier that year being my “groupie” following me from church to church to hear me speak of my passion of life Sunday after Sunday for about seven weeks. I am learning just as Jennifer wrote of that family is the most precious groupies in life and I can lead them to respect me and want to be around me and seek me out in a crowd or disrespect me and desire to loose me in a crowd.