Verse for today

Monday, October 27, 2008

Lost Love Hold Loosely

Today was a very sad day in our house. I'd already received the heartbreaking call when Jordan came running, sleepy-wide-eyed boy excited...."Mama, don't forget today is the day that Papa said we can pick up B....." I began sobbing and shook my head no as I watched my 5 year old looking forward to receiving his knew friend Buddy into our home. Love found and lost all in less than 24 hours.
On my way to Walmart to buy the dog food, colar, auto-water bowl and chew toy, I had this sinking feeling that of course I ignored...just pick up the dog before you shop. How crazy is that? Well, when I received the call; "Hello, you just called about Buddy, we've decided to keep him. My wife has fallen in love with him." I spent the next mile driving home angry. I wanted to yell, but what about me? What about my mom? My children we all love Buddy!
Hold on to things of this world loosely. They can be as vapor.
At least it served as a wake up call to Brent that we are serious when we say it is time to get a dog! We now have his blessings and our priorities listed. We're on the search.

Now seeking one child loving, attention starved dog! Prefer young female (18-mo's to 3 yrs ideal). Golden Retriever, Lab, German Shepard breeds. Excellent blessing from God would be a service dog flunky - but we're open to any way to find the 'right' dog for us.

No comments: