Verse for today

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grass Withers, Flowers Die....

BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOR EVER
This morning as I start roaming the house I interrupt my routine with watering the house plants instead of starting the coffee pot and getting right into my quiet time with the Lord. While watering the plants I’m feeling no conviction or guilt that didn’t come until I was into about the 20th minute of "cleaning" a plant that I started to feel was conviction but then I realized it was guilt and as I pondered that guilt I realized this was a God ordained moment and He had drawn me here to speak to me and this was an object lesson. Please, allow me to explain.
You see, about 3 years ago when I first started working @ First Choice Pregnancy center we had plants every where; not just little cute plants, but monstrous plants that were invading every room so I called an Aunt of mine who knows every thing there is to know about house plants and asked for advice. So I had to describe from Pahrump to Vancouver Washington over the phone every type of plant we had and she gave me transplanting instructions for healthy and pruning instructions for dying branches (this is quite a challenge over the phone as there is a lot to look for in healthy vs. dying). One way she suggested hosting these transplants because of the type of plants they were was in the see through large vases with or without beta fish. With this storage she gave me some specific instruction.
Cut off the bottom 4 or 5 leaves to leave plenty of water room for the roots to establish.
Freshen the water frequently. Take the vase to the sink and let the water flow into the vase to let the "stinky" water flow out this will get the stinky water out and keep your roots fresh and clean, algae free. If you wait to long and you keep your house clean and you walk in and go say "what is that smell?" It is you plant!
Well, with 2 youngsters, a husband, a mom, a job, and myself to care for you can guess that the transplants that I took (we each took about 4-5) myself with were blessed to get water dumped on them let alone never saw my sink until today.
After 2 recent trips to the hospital these vases had become extremely low of water and the "dead" leaves were too many for me so one day on the phone I stood and picked leaves and noticed that the root rot had become extreme.
So here I am today at the kitchen sink dealing with this root rot. Picking each stem out one by one carefully because if you touch the leaves with your fingers or the roots with your fingers you can kill the plants.
I cried as I through some of the most beautiful stems away, luscious green thriving leaves on them but fungus eating away the stem and the root had rotted and was climbing the bottom leaves.
God began to show me that we can look so beautiful on the outside sometimes and yet we are covered with a spiritual fungus. Our leaves are really dying and they are actually poisonous. If someone were to rub up against us that poisonous fungus would spread. Our roots under the skin in our heart where only God can see because they are suppose to be attached to Him have long since rotted away with compromise and that compromise has begun that fungus and it is eating away the stem which is the blood supply of Jesus’ grace and we are in vast danger of dying.
It was extremely painful for me at that point to take my shears and cut away roots in some cases and pray that new ones would grow. In some cases I had to throw the entire stem away. In some cases it was just a matter of pruning off some dead leaves. In some cases I was throwing an entire root ball away and couldn’t tell what it’d been attached to and that was said because it should have meant a tremendous amount of growth!
Oh God, master gardener that you are, take your shearers and prune me as only you can do before it’s entirely too late and I like the stems that had to be thrown away.